- Arsenal Transfer Rumours: Jovetic, Diame & Thauvin LatestPosted 120 days ago
- Arsenal Transfer Rumours: Wenger Preparing Late Bid For GourcuffPosted 127 days ago
- Wenger: Fabregas Will Return To ArsenalPosted 129 days ago
- Wenger: ‘Priority Is To Get Injured Players Back NOT Buying New Faces’Posted 131 days ago
- Yann M’Vila Confirms He Wants Move – Arsenal Reported To Be In TalksPosted 132 days ago
Official – Arsenal Sign Lukas Podolski For £10.9m
Arsenal have confirmed they have agreed a deal with Cologne to sign striker Lukas Podolski.
The 26-year-old German international has agreed a long term contract and will join the Gunners this summer for a fee believed to be £10.9m.
Podolski has been in sensational form this season scoring 18 goals in 28 games for struggling Cologne, who are fighting the threat of relegation.
The former Bayern Munich forward has an excellent international pedigree as well, having scored 43 goals in 95 appearances for the German national side. So Arsenal have certainly signed a proven and experienced player, something Gooners have been crying out for for some time now.
Speaking about his move, Podolski told Arsenal.com:
“I’m so happy to be joining Arsenal Football Club and to play in the Premier League. Arsenal is one of the top clubs in Europe with a huge history. There are many top quality players at Arsenal and the style of football which the team plays is fantastic. I’m proud to become an Arsenal player and am looking forward to playing my first match at Emirates Stadium and doing my best for all the Arsenal fans.
“I am looking forward to becoming an Arsenal player, but at the moment my focus is with my current club, FC Cologne. I will give everything I have until the end of season to make sure the team finish as high as possible in the Bundesliga. There will always be a place in my heart for FC Cologne.”
Everyone at ArsenalTransferRumours.net welcomes Lukas to the Club and hopes his signing is the first of many this summer.